EES (pronounced 'ease') is a general equation-solving program that can numerically solve thousands of coupled non-linear algebraic and differential equations. The program can also be used to solve differential and integral equations, do optimization, provide uncertainty analyses, perform linear and non-linear regression, convert units, check unit consistency, and generate publication-quality plots. A major feature of EES is the high accuracy thermodynamic and transport property database that is provided for hundreds of substances in a manner that allows it to be used with the equation solving capability.
View a general overview YouTube video.
- Operates on all Microsoft Windows operating systems (Win95 and newer)
- Solves up to 6,000 simultaneous non-linear equations (12,000 in professional version)
- Equations can be entered in any order
- Extremely fast computational speed
- High accuracy thermodynamic and transport functions for 100's of fluids
- Unit conversion and automatic unit consistency checking
- Parametric studies with spreadsheet-like table
- Single and multi-variable optimization capability
- Uncertainty analysis and regression capability
- Professional plotting (2-D, contour, and 3-D) with automatic updating
- LaTeX, PDF, as well as printed output
- Graphical user input/output capabilities with Diagram window
- Heat transfer library functions for conduction, convection, and radiation